RSS Feed

The Idea

After talking briefly with a friend whom I hadn’t spoken with in awhile; I realized I need to start a blog, and I need to inform other of my ideas, thoughts and plans. Not because I think anyone is that infatuated with my insignificant thoughts; not even because I want you to read this and think I am cool, good looking, talented or any of that. I realized I need this blog so that those who choose to read will keep my dreams and plans in check and will push me and them towards a reality.

Everyone I have mentioned my latest plan to has been sincerely interested and excited. This offers hope that it may work as well as provides me with the sense that people will push me to make this happen.

Here is the basis for the Idea so I do not draw this out is this…

- Food is wasted every day by you and me… in our homes, in our schools, local restaurants and grocery stores.
- There are people in the towns we live in that are hungry.

How do we take these two things and balance them out?

-Some people and business’ have extra food that if they don’t get rid of it, it spoils and is not good to anyone. (they lose money)
-Some people struggle to provide healthy food everyday for themselves or their loved ones.

The Idea could be all of these or only a few of the things listed below:

- Be a building block to build relationships between shelters/food banks and local grocery stores or restaurants.
- Become a food bank of sorts that collects food before it is thrown out and stores it properly to redistribute it to local shelters or our own food bank.

I think or rather we think that these issues and realities work themselves in the thought or conclusion of starting a non-profit of sorts in Phoenixville.

We have various restaurants and grocery stores, we also have people in need. We know people in the town and have the resources to better the community we live in.

Introducing-


3846082179_cf8e755763.jpg

Over the next few days I will post more things as to what led me to this idea… and some scary facts on Hunger in America. I hoper you will join in by reading the blog, following the blog and providing feedback. Prayer and kind words will help too.

Thanks for reading… and hopefully connecting with the vision and dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment